Donald “Don” Frank Yenko was a car dealer and race car driver from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. Yenko gained international recognition for driving Corvettes in endurance races, including the ever-popular 24 Hours Of LeMans. Racing was in his blood, and he opened up a shop inside the Yenko family dealership to modify cars in the 1960s. Oddly enough, the first modified cars with the Yenko name were Chevrolet Corvairs. Known as the Stinger, these cars offered engine and body upgrades that were not available through GM and were produced from 1965-’67. However, this is not the conversion car that Yenko is best known.
The Yenko Camaro was a high-performance version of the 1967-’69 Chevrolet Camaros that put the Yenko dealership on the map. Yenko would take the factory Camaros and add its custom touch, which included high-performance engines, improved suspensions, and custom Yenko graphics. These cars are highly sought after in today’s market because less than 400 were produced over three years. As gas prices soared and manufacturers became more concerned about fuel mileage than horsepower, the muscle car craze died, taking modified vehicles like the Yenkos with it.
Fortunately, Specialty Vehicle Engineering, Inc. was able to revive the Yenko name and bring the famous muscle car back to life. While the company has sold late-model cars for a few years now, they have a new option. Instead of just the coupe, as offered in the past, you can now purchase the Yenko Camaro as a convertible.
The new YENKO/SC Supercharged Camaro offers a custom-built 416 cubic-inch LT-1 engine. The aluminum block houses a forged 4340-steel crankshaft, H-beam rods, forged pistons, CNC-ported LT-4 cylinder heads, upgraded fuel system, injectors, custom performance tune, and a high-output custom supercharger. If it’s the power you need, you will be happy to know that this combination is good for 1,000 horsepower on pump gas.
Other features include:
- YENKO crest and 1,000hp supercharged engine covers
- Custom stainless-steel long-tube headers with high-flow cats
- Custom stainless-steel exhaust system with dual-mode function
- Heavy-duty upgraded transmission with 12-month/12,000-mile warranty
- Six-piston Brembo front brakes (must be supplied by dealer)
- YENKO-badged brake calipers (two custom colors optional)
- YENKO/SC side stripe graphics (three custom colors optional)
- Four YENKO crest exterior body badges (front grille, fenders, rear panel)
- 1,000hp hood cowl and decklid badges in either Chrome/Red or Gloss Black/Red
- Stage I and 1,000hp spoiler badges in either Chrome/Red or Gloss Black/Red
- YENKO crest supercharged embroidered front floormats
- sYc embroidered front headrests in white (custom colors optional)
- YENKO/SC doorsill plates
- YENKO 1,000hp Supercharged power badge with a vehicle build number (1-25)
- YENKO 1,000hp Supercharged key fobs (2) with a vehicle build number (1-25)
- Five-spoke wheels with gunmetal-finish, machined lip, sYc center caps (black-finish available)
- Upgraded Michelin PS4S tires
- Body-color painted carbon fiber hood with scoop and sYc logo graphics to match side stripes
- Faux leather bound portfolio, owner’s manual, window sticker, manufacturer’s certificate of origin
- 3 year/36,000 mile engine and supercharger assembly limited warranty
- 3 year/36,000 mile non-powertrain component limited warranty